Top 5 Reasons For Volunteering As A Corporate Team
The sense of giving back to the community has risen, and no doubt that was bound to happen. That has helped in skyrocketing volunteering opportunities online and onsite. In the hullabaloo of life, we all need to stop running for a while and ponder what we are running towards exactly the thing you are running after might as well inch closer to you, if not come to you entirely.
Work Life should be balanced with other things that give meaning to life. We need to rise up Maslow's hierarchy of needs because our sense of meaning evolves with us.
Volunteering is an act that promotes a higher sense of self, and a finer sense of meaning. How much meaning can you squeeze out of meeting deadlines and coming up with new ideas? To be wholesome you need to broaden your work desk. Make sure you bring along your office mates together. And if you sense resistance, here are the reasons you can use against it.
1. Good For Your BrandCorporate Volunteering is good for your brand. Your clients are people and all the people want to connect some, your altruistic activities will help them trust you better. A good social media campaign on how you cashed onto nonprofit volunteering opportunities will ironically profit you with new conversions, and increased customer loyalty. Especially if you are an SMB, this can do you great good.
2. Increases Inter-departmental CommunicationIf your company or enterprise has multiple departments, then volunteering together can benefit the entire company or enterprise greatly. Volunteering together can help with inter-departmental communication, generally, patrons of different departments do not get enough time socializing. An outdoor volunteering opportunity for the entire company can strengthen the bond in the workplace and also help the employees learn more about the company as a whole.
3. Workforce EnablementWorking together for a greater cause can help people on an individual level as well on a collective level. Qualities like understanding, taking up group identity for a good cause, calculative selflessness, cooperation, etc. can be begotten with carrying out volunteering activities. This results in a better-knit workforce. Good for everyone, and also good for the enterprise.
4. Sharpens SkillsA web developer can help NGOs build an online presence to increase volunteering opportunities for students, youth as they are more active online. A web presence can also help any NGO in a countless way, why only a web developer anyone with skills in accounting, web designing, digital marketing, social media management, etc. can help in bringing about more and more volunteering opportunities for NGOs and other altruistic enterprises.
One can also use their hard skills for on-site volunteering activities.
5. A Better AlternativeAs a team leader or CEO taking the employees to a volunteering activity is a better and wholesome activity. It is a thoughtful thing to do that helps everyone in the short as well as long run. Not only do the employees get a change in their moods but also a change in their perspective.
Read More About: Meet Inspiring Volunteers On My Selfless Act
If this blog has inspired you in any way download the MY SELFLESS ACT App.